Wednesday, January 6, 2016

1/5 getto reflow accident

Tried to reflow the chip on the dell monitor I got with a heat gun and slodering flux. An accident happen where I tried to move the chip to see if the solder is softwen but I move it a little toooooooo hard and move the chip further than I want to be. FUCK. I tried to put it back into its original socket but no luck. The monitor just turns on when I plug it in the power which it is not suppose to do. plus there is no image.


I ordered a main board from ebay for $70 and hopefully I will work.
Today at my volunteer job, we got a bunch of old amd turion cpu and mobo. Also some cooler and manual for core 2 duo and 3 gen i7. Sucks its only the cooler not the chip, but I took the manual out which have stickers on so I can decorate my labtop with core 2 duo and i7 sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment